Monday, March 23, 2015

New! Workshop KIT for sale on Etsy


I have fielded many emails asking for a tutorial or workshop or instruction kit to make my nuno felt scarves, since most of you do not live near enough to attend my workshops in person.  So after much compiling of photos and instructions I came up with this.  A kit to complete a scarf, start to finish, no experience necessary.  After teaching so many students this technique, I think I have answered all the questions, and have enough photos, that it will be like I am standing over your shoulder! 
The other thing about this tutorial, material kit, is that all YOU will need are things already in your home!  Towels, water, dish soap, and a Dryer (must have a NO HEAT setting).
Here is the kit.  It includes 21 pages of instruction and photos. A base of chiffon silk, sourced from vintage saris.  Merino roving in main and contrast colours, contrast silk fabric with some beading already on it for embellishment, and some various fibres and yarns that finish the details.  Also plastic sheeting, poly sheer fabric, a water bottle with holes already drilled, and some ties to roll up your work.
 Below are (left to right) the bottle and plastic wrap, chiffon silk, merino rovings, embellished silk and fibres. 

 You will end up with a 5 foot by 15 inch nuno felt scarf, like this one.
 Here is a view of the details, front and back.
To get your own workshop, hop over to my Etsy site (upper right of blog), and choose a colour family that suits you.  I have the brown and wine up right now, and will add several other colours over the next few days.
Happy felting!

No comments: