Friday, February 22, 2013

Palm Springs

I was away for ten days, and you can see by the photos that we had the most amazing trip. We flew into San Diego and played three rounds of golf there, then drove over the snow capped mountains on a crazy bendy road (74) into Palm Desert.  There we played another 7 rounds at the lovely Desert Springs resort.  Such amazing views of lush green fairways and snow capped mountains.


 There were a pair of ducks that enjoyed the warm pool.  They made a big splash as they landed into the water.
 On Valentines Day, we took a mini boat tour around the property (the boat glides right into the lobby to pick you up), and these two swans made the heart shaped thing just for us!  Cool.
 Flaminos and ducks and geese were everywhere.
 The gardens and palm trees were so beautiful, I soon forgot my poor winter golf game!  (I blame it on the really tough course)
I also did lots of knitting on the trip and will have a new lace wrap pattern to show in a few days.  Also due to popular demand, the Noro Chunky Silk Garden Coat will be the next re-write pattern in multi-sizes!

There are new felted scarves and hats on my etsy site, along with the steampunk necklaces I featured on the blog many months ago.  Please have a look.  Unfortunately the photos do not do them justice, they are WAY nicer in person.

No comments: