Sunday, October 21, 2012

Coming soon, pulsing cables....


My next pattern is a more complicated knit, designed for experienced knitters. Here is a sneak peak, and you can see a lovely cabled raglan sweater coming along.  The first photo shows the cable detail nicely, because the flash did not go, and the shadows show the pulsing cable pattern.

The second photo shows the true colour of my yarn.  A rich milk chocolate merino.  If you are interested in this pattern, I used Sandnes Duo, a sport weight merino-cotton mix.  I think it will take about 12 - 50gm balls.  An equivalent sport weight (ball band stating 3.5 - 4mm needle recommendation with 20 - 22 sts = 4 inches in stocking stitch.)  I will be knitting this in a ladies medium (to fit 37 inch chest), but I will also include a small, and large (at least) in the pattern!  The voting was in, and the multi-size votes were the landslide!  Thanks for all who sent their two cents worth.  I really love the feedback.


No comments: