Thursday, June 28, 2012

Photos


The last few weeks were seriously busy.  I had a lot of sewing, a lot of golf, and a lot of family business to deal with.  At the same time I have been using my knitting for the precious down time I crave.  Here's some photos.

 This is a new visitor to the Japanese Maple outside my kitchen window.  He was making a cool tap tap tap sound as he checked out the various branches.
 I have never seen one so close to my house.
 Here is a new pattern, a DK weight cotton Union Jack sweater, in black and white!  I used black, grey and off white in a classic flag intarsia pattern.  This pattern will be posted along with the flag chart for those who like following charts!
 This one is half done, a cotton knit cardigan with lace on the back and sleeve, as well as up the front edge.  It has a hood.  The pattern in from Vogue Knitting, with some minor changes by me.  I will post changes and photos when done.
And this is the yarn I just received via Canada Post.  The denim is a cotton, and the brown is a wool blend.  Not sure what they want to become, but a swatch may help the yarn speak to me!

No comments: