Thursday, May 17, 2012

Burning the knitting needles at both ends....


It has been a crazy week, and I have hardly had time to breathe, never mind knit!  I did finish a quick knit in cotton.  It was from spring summer 2012 Knit Simple, pattern number 17.  I adjusted it (as I usually do) and changed the pattern to basic stocking stitch , skipping the twisted knit stitch and also skipping the neckline shaping.
 As you can see in the photo below, the right side piece is knit sideways with the lower "ribbing" produced by garter stitch.  The left piece is the same as the right AFTER the dropped stitches have been pulled to ladder from one side to the other.  You can see how the length grows!  It is nice and full of easy drape, and looks nice with a matching tank top underneath.
In the last 7 days I also: made two more bridesmaid dresses, made another summer dress, put five zippers in five dresses and finished all the hems.  Five dresses done.  I also hemmed a three layered wedding dress (purchased) and hemmed pants and a jacket sleeve length for a men's suit.  I ALSO worked 40 hours at my "part time job" - covering for a vacationing co-worker.  I even played 3 rounds of golf, including 7am this morning before going to work for the 1 - 8pm shift.
So goodnight crafty readers, I will sleep well tonight  :)

1 comment:

My name WAS Female, I shit you not! said...

OMG! Speechless in MA !
(((hugs)))Pat