Monday, February 21, 2011

Catch Up

Very impressive big guy, but you should step away from the trash can!
Wow, busy couple of weeks, first I was in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic, for a week of sun, golf (and rum!). We stayed at the Melia Caribe Tropicale... I highly recommend this all inclusive resort. It is HUGE and great for folks who like to walk through wonderfully landscaped gardens and ponds, with water birds and peacocks roaming freely. The pools are massive (2 large ones) and the beach white and soft and huge. We walked for 45 minutes away (90 minute round trip) from the resort in each direction and did not run out of beach!
Huge palm trees constantly and swaying in the breeze.
You would think they would fall over standing on only one leg....


The food was varied (9 restaurants) and easy to book reservations, and the golf was included (very rare) and we just paid $37 each for cart (I know that's high for cart but no caddy or tip was required, so $37 was IT). We played every morning around 7:30 and had no trouble getting that time. They have 27 holes, so there was a bit of variety.
Shot of the pond behind the 8th green on the Bougainvillea 9. This bird was there everyday!

Since I have been back, I posted the Kimmee sweater, and caught up with work and with sewing projects. I did a couple of alterations for a friend and started a large felting project (photos will follow in a day or two). I have also joined a new Ravelry group for felters in the Niagara Region. We met at the Fibre Garden before my trip and discussed ways to develop a felting group, with the goal of teaching and sharing ideas and techniques. The first step is the Rav Group, and if you are a Raveler I would love to see you join the group.... If you live in the Niagara Penninsula area of Ontario, even more so, as we will likely have opportunities to meet up in person and try to felt together... SO much fun! See you there! (I am Chrissielou on Ravelry)


Susan showing her Nuno-felted vest (on black silk gauze) at the first meeting of the Niagara Felters.

Shop owner, John, modelling my tea pot cozy at the Fibre Garden.

I am also more than halfway done on my cashmere pullover... so soft on my hands while I am knitting! I only took socks with me to knit on my trip, and mostly only knit at the airports and on the plane, so finished 1.5 socks in one week... too much golf and sun and rum to knit there!

No comments: