Monday, August 17, 2009

Trendsetter Treasure

I started a big scarf/wrap with some yarn from The Needle Emporium tent sale. It is Trendsetter Treasure, a 100 gram skein of many different yarns, woven end to end, so that as you knit it looks like you change yarns every half inch or so, but the ends are attached and it flows seamlessly to the next yarn. I have the purple heather colour.

I have cast on 50 stitches on 6mm needles and started with 4 rows of garter stitch, then I am working 5 edge stitches of garter on each end and stocking stitch in the center. Every once in a while (totally random) I throw in a reverse stocking stitch row (purl on the right side) for texture on the plainer yarn bits.

I like the look so far, and it is fun to see what yarn will show up next. There are boucles, chenilles, and eyelash yarns, in several colours, browns, blues and purples. I have three skeins of this, so it should make a big wrap. The regular price of this yarn was $35 a skein, but I snagged it for $6 each! I think it knits up better than I imagined when I grabbed it in the mad dash for bargains that night. Cool.



Here's a zoomed, blurry photo of the bunny in the back yard. I did not get too close as he was so relaxed and cute to watch.

hi Sharon!

No comments: