Thursday, February 28, 2008

Anticipation-Coming Attractions....

I have finished the front and back and am well underway with the first sleeve. So my question at this point is put out to you out there in the knitting universe. Do any of you want me to attempt to publish this pattern in more than one size (that is the size that fits me.. a medium 37 inch bust, finished to about 40 inches). I could do it with small, medium and large (to fit 34, 37 and 40 inch bust, with a usual, not too tight fit)??? I would love feedback on this, as I finish up the sweater, and start to gather all the pertinent pattern details... Still anticipate publishing on Sunday March 2. Email me, or leave a comment (even without registration - I will get it!).



In other news, one of our StG&CC Knitters has had a bad fall and broken her arm and has been put on the injured reserve list... SHE CAN'T KNIT! It breaks my heart and makes me wonder.... if it were me, could I somehow figure out how to duct tape a needle onto the cast and work the yarn with one hand. Hmmm. Let's hope I never have to find out. Let's all have thoughts of quick recovery and return to the needles and yarn for our friend in stitches, Brenda!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

a gal in my knit group had a horrific wrist injury and taught herself to knit one handed (using her other hand too, as her dominant one was the injured one!) and even had to learn throwing as she had been knitting continental. It can be done, if the willpower is there :-)

chris said...

I KNEW it The knitting addiction is way too strong to let an injury slow us down!

Anonymous said...

A medium patter would work for me. Which ever is easiest for you. Can't wait for the finished piece to post.

Also when you ordered sock yaren from elann did you have to order a bulk amount or could you order just what you needed?

chris said...

elann.com is the easiest place to order... bargain prices, and as many or few as you want. I tend to order 2 or three projects as the shipping is similar for one or more (it's by weight). I have not knit their new sock yarn yet, but I have dyed some and it will be the next socks I make. I will report how well it knits up.